Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Goat meets Chicken...Warm Buffalo Dip

I know that there are tons of recipes out there for warm Buffalo Chicken dip.  I wanted to make some for my son's birthday party, but didn't have regular sour cream or cream cheese on hand. Since I use goat milk and cheese for most everything I cook...I decided to give it a try and substitute those 2 ingredients for the goat versions.  I have to say...this is the best warm dip!  Here is the recipe, and if you can't, and we all know you won't, find goat sour cream anywhere, just use regular (not low fat) sour cream.

I had a crowd coming so I made a big batch...you can cut it if 1/2 if you like.  This recipe filled a 8 x 13 baking dish.

3 Cups diced cooked chicken in baking dish

mix in a bowl the following:
1/2 cup goat milk sour cream
3/4 cup mayonaise
3/4 cup bleu cheese dressing (ranch can be used if you don't like bleu cheese)
3/4 cup Franks Red hot wing sauce
3/4 cup mozz. cheese shredded
1/4 cup parm.cheese
3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese

pour the above sauce over chicken and mix well.  Bake in a 350 deg. oven for 20-30 mins until bubbly and getting golden on top.  Serve warm with crackers, bread rounds, pita chips, Frito Scoops...whatever you prefer!  It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment